Welcome to the Maker Me Blogspot, an Independent Indie Dyer of yarns and maker of handmade items.


I sell on Etsy and at local shows and fayres. This is the place where you will find out all of Maker Me's News, shop updates and events.

Sunday 21 January 2018

Sewing, knitting and crochet carries on - all but slowly.

Well hello everyone, I am still not allowed to return to work, I get tired very easily since the P.E incident on the 29th.

I am however slowly being able to sit at the sewing machine for half hour stints. I can now knit a couple or rows or crochet for a little bit also. Concentration is exhausting.  LOL!

When I am fully fit I do really want to go more in depth on what I am working on and return to podcasting, but this will keep us all in the loop for now.


So what am I working on - well as I cannot dye yarn either at the moment, I thought I would make a few one ball style project bags for my etsy shop.  4 days in and I might finish them soon.

I cannot find the picture I posted on Instagram so I am posting the
Link.


I have also sewed a new dress, this took me 3 weeks (normally would take 1 day over the weekend).


I made version A - the short cap sleeve version in A lovely plain purple ponte roma fabric with contrast white colour. The very first item I have made on brand new serger.   I will post a picture of the final version soon, I promise but believe me you do not want to see me at the moment, no colour at all.  I am a large apple shape so made the upper sizes and was happy with the fit straight out the packet. Mind you I think the stretch of the ponte helps. 

Likes: the shape, length, the fabric choice.
Dislikes : the collar was fiddly to do, for me and would like a peter pan collar option too.

I have had a bit of a pattern binge this week, here are a few others I purchased





 I have fabric for all but the COAT!!!!  I also discovered that the wonderful Mimi G has done tutorials on you tube for all her patterns,  so this has taken some of the fear out of sewing Jeans and a coat. 


Just a quick mention on the knitting crochet front,  I am doing the Campside Cardi by Alicia Plummer, the pattern is available to buy on ravelry for £4.85. Using an acrylic yarn for cost effectiveness and so I can just relax and abuse it (no precious washing). Sleeves and border to do.


Crochet: the eastern jewels blanket kitEastern Jewels has been re-invented by Lucia Dunn from the original Jane Crowfoot's Persian Tiles Blanket. 5 Octagons done.






Will be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baker St Bag

Good afternoon everyone, a new listing is in the shop today. I have made this bag following the pattern from Sew Sweetness and it is her ...